Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Make this card!

I'm really enjoying the creative challenges at Stampin' Dymonz Creative Space (you should definitely put her on your challenge list!) This month she's been featuring projects by Elizabeth Currie-Matsko, and we're challenged to "copy" her multi-layered, gold-embossed egg card. In need of some Easter cards, I thought I'd try it out.

I did my best to copy Elizabeth's card with the supplies I had on hand. I used one of Crafty Ann's Faberge Egg digi stamps, printed it on vellum and heat-embossed it in gold. I pasted the vellum pieces onto pink and lavender cardstocks and then colored the pieces with Sakura gelly roll pens (much like Elizabeth). I made the "swirly" background by copying a bit of the pattern from the egg. I used the "basket weave" texturing plate for the backing paper.

Inspiration: Stampin' Dymonz Creative Space

Digi stamp: Faberge Egg 1 by Crafty Ann's

Supplies: Recollections cardstocks & vellum, Brazzill cardstock, Elmer's, Smirk and Sakura glitter pens, Walmart ribbon, pop-dots

4 comments:

  1. Such an awesome card that... rich and vibrant and yet it seems to possess an irresistible old world charm. Pretty colours, too.

    Thanks for following me... it feels so good when someone follows me before I follow them. But now here I am - your follower.

    Happy crafting and nice to meet you,

    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful Card, thanks for your comment on Imaginarium Designs and glad you found us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a FANTASTIC BLOG YOU HAVE CREATED ...beautiful work .. thanks for visiting us at Imaginarium designs and good luck with the draw ..hugz x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a juicy card! Thanks for the love regarding the challenges. I just love this card!!! Your gift pack (all of them) will go postal tomorrow!! Thank you for always participating in the challenges on my blog and at the Village!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.