Saturday, March 5, 2011

Bees and Blossoms

Mom sent me this cute Bee Girl image she picked up at one of Jennifer Dove's classes at Crop Girls in Arizona. I used it to practice with my brand-new Florescent Yellow Copic marker, and was so taken with the result that I decided to build a card around it.

Happily, I had my eyes on the
Signs of Spring challenge at Cute Card Thursday. I just knew that I wanted to use this cherry blossom photograph paper for the background, even though I wasn't sure how well it would work. I love this paper, but never find quite the right place for it...except this time, me thinks.

I decided to make a Sliding Pop-Out card, because it makes layering really easy. I stamped some flowers in lightest pink onto vellum, and them stamped a brighter pink onto the back to make the lighter stamp pop. I used the same stamp for the brown border on the sliding-out message portion.

One of my favorite parts of this image is that she's made to sit on something; the artist's example showed using a ribbon, which I love, but I decided to make a little cherry blossom branch for her. I'm loving stamping multiple colors on one stamp!

Thanks for the inspiration, I had tons of fun with this challenge!

Inspiration:
Cute Card Thursday Challenge 154: Signs of Spring

Sliding Pop-Out Card Tutorial: Kim Score for Splitcoaststampers

Supplies: Stamp from Magnolia series, Core'dinations, X-Press Copic, and DCWV cardstocks, SCAL & Cricut, Recollections vellum, stash scrapbooking paper, MS detailing scissors, ZipDry glue, Fiskars papercutter, Inkadinkado spray ink, emery board, Versamark and ColorBox inks, stash eyelet, Elmer's gel pens, Offray ribbon, sentiment stamp by gstudio, flower stamps from Inkadinkado Asian by Design set
Copic markers:
skin: E50, E51, YR00, E02, RV21
hair: Y02, FY1, E50
dress: Y02, FY1
turtle: G07, YG41, G02

2 comments:

  1. thank you for the kind comments I really didnt draw this image...but i appreciate the advertisement. Your card is super cute. Keep coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely slider card. I love all interactive cards and yours is super

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.