Friday, December 3, 2010

0100100001100101011011000110110001101111

So I was away from my crafting for a week, which was very relaxing and resulted in a renewed passion for it. Not that the passion had waned...it's just back exponentially! I have about a ton of various-holiday cards to make, but I wanted to make something just for fun. Oh, and I just had to use the tiny robot stamps I picked up on Idle Shopping Saturday.

For color inspiration I used the lovely subtles of ColourQ Challenge #61. When I hand-colored the "Hello" stamp, I neglected to completely clean it so the colors were changed by the old inks already on the stamp...but I liked the result so much that I kept it. For the background I printed 1s and 0s in 100% cyan at 75% tint on Recollections metallic paper. And yes, this post's title is "Hello" in binary.

To be honest, I'm pretty sure I've seen these little robots for sale before, but on that day they really spoke to me (
Beep Beep Your Eyes Probably Have Another Year Of Tiny Handwork In Them Beep Beep), and I was very pleased with how well they came out.
Inspiration: ColourQ Challenge #61: soft suede, wild wasabi, tempting turquoise, pacific point + white
Rubber stamps: Robots by Hot Fudge Studio; Hello by Idea House
Supplies: Recollections cardstocks, Offray ribbon, ZipDry glue, Tim Holtz scissors, Fiskars papercutter, Adobe InDesign, Gotham Black, HP printer & ink, Marvy & American Craft stamp pens

2 comments:

  1. It is always nice to see something different than the season, your card is lovely! I agree, I like where the colors blend in. Thanks for playing the colourQ challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUPER COOL, CG!!! Not only do I love robots, I love how you used the colors! Thanks so much for playing with us st the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.