Sunday, December 12, 2010

Merry Whimsy

I've been whittling down my pile of Christmas-themed paper for cards (which I can't post yet, since the intended recipients should see them before a billion bloggers!), so I haven't been looking outside for inspiration too much this week. Sitting back and admiring my basket full of cards, however, made me want to try something different, so I took on the merry challenge at ColourQ.

Mom had sent me a bunch of stamps she collected, amongst them a whimsical set of Christmas-themed fairies that seemed meant for this particular mix of colors.
I was very pleased to find an excuse to use them!
On white
I stamped the scene in three colors (green, turquoise, red), and then did my best at shading with colored pencils. I used the snowflake that came with the stamp set to add yellow and green elements to the scene and backing paper. For that little something extra, I added a stripe of yellow and green ribbon.

Upon posting this, I realized that I missed the ColourQ deadline. How did that happen?! Oh well, I do it for the challenge anyway!

Inspiration:
ColourQ Challenge #62
: real red, daffodil delight, tempting turquoise, glorious green + white
Dutch Dare Card Challenge #92: Christmas

Supplies: ColorBox inks, Core'dinations & Recollections cardstocks, Cricut personal cutter, SCAL2 software, Tim Holtz scissors, ZipDry glue, Fiskars decorative scissors, Offray ribbon, silicon stamps from my Christmas stash, Crayola colored pencils

1 comment:

  1. What a card! Love the image too, Thanks for joining us this week at Dutch Dare Card Challenge

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.