Sunday, December 12, 2010

All wrapped up

I've been pretty excited about Christmas gift-giving preparation ever since I discovered the pop-up gift card holder at Whoopsie Daisy. One of my favorite parts of this design is that it's basically just a card on the front, so you can design it any way you want. For this card, I added a bottom flap and tied a present-style ribbon around the card, so that it will pop open merrily with a simple tug. I plan to hand-write the recipients' names onto the tag. I'm entering this particular card in the Anything Goes Craft Your Passion Challenge.

Ah Scrapmaster's Paradise, you never let me down: I found the color inspiration I wanted in their simple, not-quite-traditional combo of bright green, light green & rosey red. I wish I hadn't missed the deadline for this combo, but oh well!

Because I wanted the final card to be a standard 5.5x4.25, I abandoned my original one-piece card design in exchange for two inside pieces and an outside cover. I had big plans to make my own pop-ups in SCAL for Christmas, but when December arrived I went ahead and splurged and bought the pop-up words predesigned from SvgCuts.

Inspiration: Scrapmaster's Paradise Color Combo #77: wild wasabi, garden green, rose red
Craft Your Passion Challenge #35: Anything Goes

Pop up words cutting file: Premium Pop Up Cards SVG Kit from SvgCuts
Pop-up gift card holder tutorial inspiration: Whoopsie Daisy
Supplies: ColorBox ink, ProvoCraft Texture paper, Core'dinations & Recollections cardstocks, Cricut personal cutter, SCAL2 software, Offray ribbon, stash eyelet, Crop-O-Dile II, ZipDry glue, Fiskars decorative scissors, rubber wood-block stamp by Great Impressions

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.