Thursday, December 30, 2010

Roses and Artichokes

Since the dogs decided to get me up at 3AM this morning, I needed a little project. This card was made by the time my husband got up for work.

I broke out one of the gorgeous Valentine's digis from
PaperFacesDesigns and used a piece of embroidery for the color inspiration. Can you tell I got Copic markers for Christmas?! I'm in love.

I made the shapes and frames in SCAL, including the love border. Although I deviated in the shades, I was working with this week's SPCC's combo of artichoke, soft suede & river rock. The red elements arose from how I colored the roses. The card is 4.5x4.5, and has lots of shimmer!


Digi stamp: Roses Valentine by PaperFacesDesigns

Inspiration:
Color: SPCC #80: always artichoke, soft suede, river rock
Theme: The Character Cafe Feature Friday Challenge: Sparkle/Sparkle/Sparkle
Sketch: Cute Card Thursdays Challenge #144 (oops, missed the deadline!)

Supplies:
Best Creations Glitter Paper, Recollections & Staples cardstocks, Cricut personal cutter, SCAL2 software, Hoefler Text Black Italic, 09 KutUps dingbat font by Clever Someday, ZipDry glue, HP printer & ink, Copic Ciao B markers, Recollections gem brads, Fiskars papercutter & corner rounder

2 comments:

  1. Great card! I can understand you're wanting to get to the markers right away. Thanks for joining us at TCC this week. Hugs, dj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Thanks for playing at SPCC!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.