Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Christmastide Midnight Madness

I was in Florida for the Thanksgiving holiday when I first saw the Priscilla Styles Midnight Madness December 2010 Sketches; since there were six sketches in total, I felt like a wanted to make a set of something. We were staying at a hotel, so I sat out on a little patio above the pool, watching family dynamics and letting my imagination go. I'd been thinking of making a "Twelve Days of Christmas" series, but didn't want to embark on such a project without a firm idea. But I started thinking...I have that pretty tree stamp, with the bird that I could pop out...a cow stamp...a pair of swans... and next thing I knew I was home in Baltimore, making a series of 12 cards based on December's MMSC sketches with physical and digi stamps I owned or could Google easily. So much fun!

I made a wall hanging of them and they look pretty nifty as a set. To all my friends at and in the community over at Priscilla Styles, happy holidays and thank you for the support and inspiration!



1 Partridge in a Pear Tree
[Son of G—]:

Tree
stamp from Inkadinkado
Pear cut file by My Cricut Scrapbooking












2 Turtle Doves
[Old & New Testaments of the Bible]:
Turtle digi stamp by Therese Travis
Dove cutting file by SvgCuts

















3 French Hens
[Faith, Hope & Charity]:

3 Women
rubber stamp from Stampin' Up!

















4 Calling Birds
[the four Gospels of the Bible]:
silicon Christmas Carolers stamp


















5 Golden Rings
[first five books of the Old Testament]:
Silicon circle stamp, MeltArt embossing powder, Marvy heat tool
Incire Ornament cut file by CPeep
















6 Geese A-laying
[six days of Creation]:
Eggs by My Cricut Scrapbooking
Geese coloring page by Greattattoo












7 Swans A-swimming
[the seven gifts of The Holy Spirit: wisdom, understanding, right judgment, courage, knowledge, wonder & awe, reverence]:
For the Two of You
rubber stamp from Stampin' Up!
Marvy snow marker & heat tool














8 Maids A-milking
[the eight blessings (beatitudes) contained in the Sermon on the Mount]:
Russian Dolls
rubber stamp by Hero Arts (LP158)
















9 Ladies Dancing
[nine fruits of the Holy Spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control]:
Dancer Silhouette cutting file by My Cricut Scrapbooking















10 Lords A-leaping
[Ten Commandments]:
Tree Frog
rubber stamp

















11 Pipers Piping
[the eleven faithful apostles]:
Kokopelli
image by canadianbent13

















12 Drummers Drumming
[twelve points of the Apostles' Creed]:
Drummer Man Vintage by TLC Creations
















Inspiration: Priscilla Styles Midnight Madness December 2010 Sketches (Fancy and CAS)

13 comments:

  1. Wow - what amazing works of the heart! I love all of the sketches and the way you have made each one so individual! Your details are stunning and so well thought! Gorgeous art and Faith Art! Love it! Thank you for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge for this sketch - we appreciate your support and love to see what you have been creating! Merry Christmas and Happy, Happy New Year to your and your family!
    {{{hugs}}}
    Linda MMSC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. How inspirational! All twelve sets are so unique and I love the faith themes. You have done such an amazing job! Thanks for joining us for this Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge and we hope you will join us for our first challenge of the New Year!
    Hugs,
    Marsha
    MMSC-DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    wow great cards!
    Hugs Sabina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy Moly wow I am stunned at how you put this all together! Also thanks for the lesson on what each day stands for, cant believe I didnt know that. These are just so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow.....how cool is this~! Love what you did with it.
    Thank you for using one of my vintage images.
    Paulette
    TlcCreations

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. Just awe inspiring. I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness this is remarkable :)

    Greetings from Australia :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool! I bet this was a blast to do ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wowza! This is fantastic! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic set of cards- I loved iewing all of the days and the meanings in Christian language! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. An amazing creation! I love that you also shared the true meaning of the Twelve Days.... it isn't shared often enough!
    hugs and blessings from Australia,
    Pauline

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.