Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Card Cupids February Drive: CPS Days 9 and 14 + Motivational Rock

Using the the sketches from Days 9 and 14 of the CPS 5th Anniversary Celebration, I made birthday cards for Card Cupid's February Drive:


CPS Day 9, Sketch #5
I cut down this Thomas the Cat pre-colored diecut from Lili of the Valley to match the rest of the shapes. I combines the balloons & sentiment from a Bentley Bear stamp set, and found a perfect matching cake in a set from Our Betty.

CPS Day 14, Sketch #45


I was really inspired by the Cropped Digi Image theme at Digi Makeover Challenges: it worked really well with Gab in the Groove from Just Some Lines. I stamped the white silk ribbon with a Great Impressions stamp in three colors of dye inks (pink, Fire Brick, and brown); this was inspired by the recent tutorial at the SP & Company Stamps blog. Thanks!

Update: The card I made for the Cropped Digi Image Challenge at Digi Makeover won the random prize! Thank you!




This month's challenge at Card Cupids is to "create a motivational card for a child", so I grabbed this cute DJ digi from KennyK Downloads, a sentiment from Create with TLC, & a fun Guitar Hero stamp set from StudioG (I think) and made this bright number (without any help from CPS!):
I'm thinking that I will add a "Happy Birthday" sentiment and send it in as part of their Birthday card drive.

Thanks to all for the inspiration! (All my cards for the CPS Celebration are archived here.) 

7 comments:

  1. All of these are so cute! It's fun using part of an image on a card. So glad you shared these with us for the Cropped Digi Image Challenge from Paper Makeup Stamps' Digi Makeover Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card! I love your big bow. :) Thanks for playing at PMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CG: Your cards are so wonderful--love them all--bet the Card Cupid Kids will too! They very much need a smile!!

    Thank you for playing with us at CardCupids for our February challenge. Hope you join in often.

    Diane
    Card Cupids Design Team
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Cute, and knock out color combination!
    Thanks for joining us at Card Cupids. Hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of these are SO CUTE! The kids are gonna LOVE 'em! Thanks for playing my CPS Anniversary Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards! These are all so sweet! Thanks for playing along this week at CPS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a perfectly sweet image to crop! Love your row of daisies too. Thanks for joining our Cropped Digi challenge at Paper Makeup Stamps. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.