Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Prickley Pear Cardinals

For Christmas, Mom gave me this Clearly Beautiful set and matching Cardinal die from Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps, and I just can't get enough of them. So I couldn't resist using them for this month's Prickley Pear Sketch Challenge.


I used the last of a lovely vintage-style, music-themed DP from Paper Pizazz. I stamped the cardinals onto the same paper with Tim Holtz distress inks, and added detail to the eyes & beaks with colored pencils. I hand-cut the cardinals out, but I used the Cardinal die to cut the mats from TH glassine paper.

I love glassine paper, even though it's not the easiest to adhere. I used it for about everything on this card! The rosette was cut using my TH die, but I scaled it down a bit and used a flower from the MS border punch for the center. The little flowers were made from  flower & starburst punches and put together with Recollections brads. I colored the brads & gemstones with Copics (YG25, YR12, R27).

I had lots of fun making the ribbon with three separate stamps!

The sentiment is from a Stampendous set, but all the other stamps are from Pickley Pear's Clearly Beautiful Cardinal Set.

Prickley Pear
This is my first card for the December Holidays...sure am getting a jump on it this year!


Challenges/Inspiration:
Prickley Pear Challenge: February Sketch




4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card -- it's beautiful. Thanks for joining us this week at CCC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many beautiful details!
    Thanks for joining the music challenge at CCC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so many beautiful details!
    Thanks for joining the music challenge at CCC!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.