Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Dude Time Doodles February Inspirational Challenge (+ CPS Day #7)

This week's Dude Time Doodles Challenge is to use the Photo / Color Inspiration on the right, along with die cuts and punches.

Our sponsor this week is Stamp-by-Step, and one lucky winner will receive a $15 gift certificate to their store! This photo has so much potential...can't wait to see what you create!

Don't ask me why, but as soon as I saw the Bug (from DTD's Kill It Kevin! set) I had to make him a Scarab beetle. I don't know if anyone else looks at this photo and thinks "Ancient Egyptian Symbolism!" ... just call me the Omm Sety of Dudeville Hollow!


Both circles are embossed & cut with Spellbinders dies on my Big Shot, and the borders are done with an EK Success punch I found on clearance.

CPS Sketch #242
Inspiration:
Card Positioning Systems 5th Anniversary Celebration: Day 7/ Sketch #242 (right)
Digital Tuesday Challenge #147: Use your Stash + digital element (the fabric papers & gold ribbon are from my stash; I've had teh gold ribbon for years!)
Dude Time Doodles Inspiration Challenge: Photo / Color Inspiration + die cuts & punches

Stamps: Bug digi from Kill It Kevin! set by Bonibleaux Designs/Dude Time Doodles, sentiment by Create with TLC


Update: There's a little story that goes with this card...originally, I had labeled the image "Kevin the Bug," as I thought I had seen it written in the store, but fellow DT member Kevin McCrafty pointed out to be that it's actually from a set. So I wrote him this poem ('cause Kevin always serves the virtual beer at our DT parties):
Like a lug
I misnamed my bug
after the Dear
who has the beer.


...and being McCrafty, he wrote this back to me:
If you love Beetles try wiggity grubs,
or even a scarab beetle
what ever you do, don't put them in stew
or name them after the wrong people.


Love my team!

8 comments:

  1. Amazing card. Love the color combo and all the details you added.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! Love the colors and gorgeous DP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Cg, I like the papers, but this image is just called Bug, available on its own or in a set called Kill it Kevin.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it CG! Great when things just jump at you!
    HUgs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The card is fabulous, CG, but the poetic exchange between you and Kevin is even better! Thanks for sharing the story with us. I'll be grinning all day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice! Thanks for playing at Digital Tuesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this color combo. Great layout too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty and such a wonderful color combo! Inspiration challenges are so much fun. I love your take! :-) Thanks for playing with us at CPS! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.