Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Think fast! (CPS Day #15)

As you know, ideas for cards can come from anywhere...well, this idea actually started with a piece of trash that blew into our backyard. It was one of the first bitterly blustery days of Winter, and when I took the dogs out I found an empty package for a nylon Ninja Face Mask, which sparked my imagination... Originally I was going to use the actual packaging for this card, but it proved too fragile. For better or worse, if you can imagine it you can find it on the internet, so I found a Ninja Clipart download site with great free images. My husband helped me settle on the sentiment:




CPS Sketch #231
I used Sketch #231 from Day 15 of the CPS 5th Anniversary Celebration, which worked perfectly for my sliding sentiment. (All my cards for the CPS Celebration are archived here.)

I decided to go with a black-and-white scheme, and I wanted it shiny so I printed it on photo paper. I designed it all in Adobe InDesign... I even worked the Gradient tool! The diamond pattern is actually a series of lines ("Strokes"). The footprints are from the Ninja Clipart download site, as are the throwing stars that I used to make the little flower (this makes me SO happy!) I resisted the urge to use a ninja-style font and went with Pea Whitney Rae, one of the free handwriting fonts available from Kevin and Amanda.

I printed the ninja image twice, and popped it up with foam tape. The ribbon is white silk, which seemed appropriate!
This was inspired by the following challenges:


6 comments:

  1. This is a lovely card - and I love the little hidden message!! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers!! Cxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card! Thank you for playing along with "Monochrome Magic" at Crafty Cardmakers!xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever you ! what a fantastic card , love the monochrome and the image is just amazing. Thank you for playing along with us at Crafty Cardmakers and good luck.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever idea, beautifully executed. Love the hidden message. Hugs lin

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love where you got your inspiration for this little stunner from.

    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.

    Lin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.