Thursday, October 28, 2010

My Cue to make Christmas gifts!

I took this week's ColourQ challenge literally: it's my cue to start making Christmas gifts! We're thinking gift cards this year, so I'm playing with different card ideas. I've been itching to try this easy yet impressive pop-up gift card holder I found on Whoopsie Daisy's blog (her tutorial is fantastic). I made a quick version in SCAL (free file at the bottom of this post), and was very please how well it came together. Just cold, fold and decorate! Oh, and spring for a gift card. The color combo is really exciting to work with, and it adds something different to a typical Christmas card.



Inspiration: ColourQ Challenge #56: rich razzleberry, pumpkin pie, certainly celery, garden green, white
Pop-up gift card holder tutorial: Whoopsie Daisy
Pop-up gift card holder cutting file for SCAL2: download file
Supplies: Staz-On ink, Core'dinations & Recollections cardstock, Cricut personal cutter, SCAL2 software, Tim Holtz scissors, ZipDry glue, Fiskars papercutter, silicon stamps from my Christmas stash

1 comment:

  1. What a cute idea! Great to see your gift card holder. Thanks for playing the ColourQ Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.