Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Dude Time Doodles Inspirational Challenge: All about Cowboys!

This week at Dude Time Doodles Challenges we're All about Cowboys!

Hmm, I wonder if Dude Time Hollow has cattle drives, or perhaps the more adrenaline-inducing version of Running with the Bulls. Hey, you gotta get the buggers across town one way or the other, so you might as well have a coupla drinks and watch the young 'uns get some exercise while doing it! That sounds jes fine to Deputy Dave; so's long as no one musses his snakeskin boots!


I was really inspired by the Challenge photo (left), but anything with cowboys will do. Wait till you see the fun and wildly creative projects the Design Team came up with!

We're being sponsored this week by PaperTemptress, and one lucky winner will receive a $20 gift certificate to their store.

So kick up yer heels and join us at Dude Time Doodles this week!

The star badge and sentiment are also from Dude Time Doodles/Bonibleaux Designs; I merged and sized everything in InDesign. I added a little Tea Dye distress ink to the pieces, which I cut out with scissors & a craft knife. Both woodgrain DPs were in my stash.

I wanted Deputy Dave to dance a little, so I cut him apart and attached the arm and leg section with brads so that they jiggle.

Look at 'im go!

I traced his hat onto felt (which I'd backed with cardstock) and added the black lines with a Copic. I'm particularity excited about his boots: I used a glossy, basketball-pattern embossed DP and colored it with Olive green (thanks to my husband for helping me choose the right color).

He's colored with Copics; I made the plaid on his shirt, and used the colorless blender to add texture to his jeans.

Inspiration/Challenges:
Crafting When We Can Challenge #14: One for the Boys
i{heart}2stamp March Challenge: Sketch
Love to Create Challenge #7: Anything Goes
Paper Playtime Ch# 70: For The Guys & Include A Sentiment
Tuesday Throwdown #90: Spring Cleaning (I've been hoarded these woodgrain DPs for...oh dear, 4 or 5 years?! Waiting for the perfect project! I've also had the paper I used for the boots for over a year.)


14 comments:

  1. Fantastic! Love how he moves around and the felt hat. Oh so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really cool guy card, the cowboy looks awesome. I really can't make guy cards so am totally jealous of people who can.

    Just letting you know that I have started off a challenge blog and would love it if you enter some of the challenges. this is the add-Just keep on creating

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too much fun CG! Love that his arms and legs are free swinging, very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work as ever CG! Love your card & the fact that the arm & leg dance!!!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect male card, love the image. Thanks for joining us at CWWC this time. Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card CG, I like what you have done with the image,
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the movable legs and arms. How cute is that? You could not get this card and not smile. Thanks for sharing.

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an Adorable Card!! Thank you for playing with us this week at Love to Create Challenge & For sharing your talents with us!! Come back and join us again soon!!

    Many Blessings,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fantastically fun card! I love that he moves!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my this is absolutely adorable!! A dancing cowboy too cute!! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Love to Create Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeehaw! He is super cute! Thanks for playing in the Tuesday Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  12. He is just perfect and I like that he dances. Thanks for joining us at Paper Playtime this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like quite the jigger! Fab card, love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic Cowboy card CG, love allthe details you've added like the felt hat and snake boots. The way you have made him mobile, that was an inspired idea.

    Thank you for sharing your wonderful work with us at Crafting When We Can Challenges. :-) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.