Friday, March 2, 2012

Simply Baby

[My stop on the Dude Time Doodles New Release Blog Leap is HERE]

I'm having the best time making my projects for Crafty Ribbons' Challenge #27 (thank you!), and although I can't reveal the ribbony-goodness yet, I wanted to make a simple card with my "scraps" from one of those cards. This card includes some of their super-fun Baby Washing ribbon:


The blue striped fabric is from an actual shirt; my sister-in-law gave it to us for our first dog, Walt, and I've never been able to part with his puppy clothes. My SIL owns Walt's parents, so I'm pretty sure that this shirt was his father's first. I'm not planning on having any more canine babies, and I'm sure she'll agree this is a good use of a precious item! I also used it to make the tag, which I stamped with part of a Lili of the Valley sentiment.

I'm having so fun using fabric now that I've learned the trick: run a piece of cardstock through a sticker machine and adhere the fabric onto the sticky side. This makes it easy to work with; I cut both of these circles with a Spellbinders die in my Big Shot.

I heat-embossed the main sentiment in baby blue, using a Katie & Co./Studio G rubber stamp. I colored in the the letters with a white SU! colored pencil. Of course, the star of this card are the mini safety pins from Creative Impressions, which I just got today!

Try Stampin' on Tuesday #55
Inspiration/Challenges:
Inspired By Challenge #13: Inspiration Photo (below)
CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #42: Clean And Simple Baby Projects

Inspired By Challenge #13

6 comments:

  1. So cute, love the little pins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an adorable card! Love the little pins! Thanks for playing at Inspired By.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute! Love the little bit of your puppy's shirt :) Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of fabric on your card. I love how you changed up the layout and made it your own. Thanks for playing along with TSOT sketch challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is gorgeous the fabric is fab.

    Thank you for taking part in TSOT challemge x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love projects with different textures and your's is beautiful. Thanks for playing at Try Stampin'.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.