Monday, March 12, 2012

International Crafting with Mom Month

I don't think there's any such thing as International Crafting with Mom Month, but I just invented it for this card! I made this card with the awesome freebie provided for Jellypark Friends' National Craft Month Challenge, and since Sunday is Mother's Day in Britain I decided to make it in honor of my crafting guru, my mom! Of course, that also means I can enter it into this week's Mother's Day challenges, so if I win anything I guess Mom gets it, ha!

I made a Joy Fold card, mostly so that I could use my other favorite crafting image, Craft Lady by MelonHeadz Illustrating.



I have so many favorite crafting products, only a few of which are depicted in these images, ha ha! I ink-distressed the edges with Antique Linen; I never thought I'd like ink-distressing until I found this product, and now I'm hooked!

The red ribbon is actually from a Harry & David gift package! I've had these pretty vintage-y DP and pretty buttons forever.

I generated the sentiment with the cute freebie font 4 My Lover. I thought that some of you might want it for International Crafting with Mom Month (pick the month, ha!), so here it is (there's no border on the actual image, so that you can make your own frame). If you use it, please let me know. This JPEG image is 1.3 inches square & 300 DPI (click to go to full sized image and save to your computer):


I am so blessed to have my mom in my life, and crafting has brought us so many good times together. Have a crafty day!

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
Craft Your Days Away Challenge #40: Mother's Day
Jellypark Friends Challenge: National Craft Month
One Stop Craft Challenge #173: Mothers Day with Ribbon
The Crafty Pad Challenge #161: Mum's The Word


Update: This card made the Top 5 for The Crafty Pad Challenge #161!

16 comments:

  1. wow thats a beautiful card.. your mom will love it....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at One Stop Craft.
    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely that you craft with your mother. Your card is beautiful; as is the thought behind it.

    Thanks for touching my heart at Craft Your Days Away.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, i have both of those images but have never got round to using them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card x Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cool fold! Love your great card- and how lucky you are to have your Mom close by to craft with- mine is 6 hours away.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it CG and what you've done with the jellypark freebie. I'm sure your mum will love it too. I adore this image which is why I used it on my DT card. Thanks for sharing with us over at Jellypark Friends. Mel :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. CG this is perfect for the Challenge over at The Crafty Pad this week! The theme is Mum's The Word!!!
    I love love love it!!!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pop on over to my blog when you get a mo, I have something for you!!!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you made it over! Thanks for playing in the Mum's The Word Challenge at The crafty Pad this week!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous use of the Jellypark image! I love the design of your card. Great work! Thank you for joining the Mothers Day challenge at The Crafty Pad this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. your mum is very lucky - thanks for taking part in the crafty pad challenge xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great card, very clever - thanks for joining us at Jellypark Friends! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, such a fun card! I lve all the foldings, the colors and the embellishments. Thanks for playing along with us at the CRAFTY PAD.
    You can enter this card to my blog giveaway. :-)

    Hugs,
    venus

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beuatiful card for your "Crafting with Mum Month" - I am sure she''ll love it!
    Thanks for joining us on our current Jellypark challenge. We're lloking forward to seeing your creation in the next exciting challenge!
    luv'n huggz
    Jen Leeflang
    Jellypark DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.