Monday, March 5, 2012

Happily Inspired

I do enjoy sending cards to Card Cupids; last month I even included 3 cards that Mom made. So I decided to make some birthday cards for boys for their March Challenge/Drive.


Critter Sketch Challenge #104
I was so inspired by the current Design Seeds color inspiration photo for the current Critter Sketch Challenge that I ended up making 3 cards! I raided my stash and found the perfect bits of the perfect papers.


I'm entering all three of these cards into the following challenges:
Card Cupids March Challenge/Drive: Birthday cards for boys
Critter Sketch Challenge #104: Color Challenge (right)




My first card (all about the bubbles!):


Skipping Stones Designs Sketch #117
I'm entering this card into the following additional challenges:
Kenny K's Crafty Girls Challenge #82: Spring Zing (bright & springy as possible) [oops, missed the deadline!]







My second card:


CardPatterns Sketch #155
I'm entering this card into the following additional challenges:
Cooking It Up with Katie #90: Your 3 Favorite Things
  1. I adore this glittered starburst DP; I had 2 sheets that I've used up over the past 3 years. This used only little scraps!
  2. This is one of my favorite Boy images ever, from Tellen's Place Designs; they recently closed their doors, but there are still plenty of freebies on their site!
  3. Buttons: I don't use them very often, but I love them when I do! I broke my "rule" of always sewing on buttons, and just glued them onto the card after adding some faux stitching with a glitter pen.
CardPatterns Sketch #155: Sketch (right)








My third card:


Sketches by Carly #51
I'm entering this card into the following additional challenges:
Birthday Sundaes Challenge 46: Birthday Card with Sentiment
Sketches by Carly #51: Sketch (right)


Zebra digi stamp by Bugaboo Digi Stamps
Sentiment ticket from Raindrop Echo Designs


Thanks visiting, hope you'll join me in sending in some birthday cards for boys for Card Cupids' March Challenge/Drive. Have a super day!

9 comments:

  1. Boy cards are so hard to create. You did a fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Cg what a grt take on boys card, I love all three, grt

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow CG must say that you have greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat collection of papers.... so bright cheerful and stunning.. Love all three....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute, colorful cards, CG! Thanks for joining us over at Skipping Stones Design this week for our sketch challenge! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super fun cards! Thanks for playing along with us over at Skipping Stones!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling, and colorful cards. Thanks for being a Card Cupid!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun cards, I love the bright colors! Thanks for joining us at Skipping Stones Design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. CG: We're so glad you entered Card Cupids' March Challenge, Boy's Birthday--your cards are so bright & cherry--cute!

    Thanks also for donating your creations to Card Cupids. Little boys celebrating their birthdays at the temporary homeless shelter we support will enjoy every one--Tell your Mom thanks for hers last month too--you and your Mom's cards are so much appreciated.

    Thank you again for entering.

    Diane
    Card Cupids Design Team Member
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. All your cards are just too cute! Great job with Carly's sketch
    Hugs,
    Julie

    ps you should also enter to Happy Birthday challenge at Aud Sentiments challenge blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.