Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Dude Time Doodles New Release Blog Hop: Gettin' ballsy

Welcome to my stop on the Dude Time Doodles New Release Blog Hop! You should have arrived here from Ruth's fabulous blog.

The Design Team is featuring four fantastic new DTD images, and one of the Dudettes - or Dude - will be named our MYSTERY HOST at the end of the hop and one lucky person who comments on that blog will win a free Dude Time Doodles image of their choice; So be sure to comment on each blog. You have a whole week to hop (through next Tuesday)!

I used the Briefs from the Brief Conversation series to create a very special Congratulations card:


Around November, my best friend from college took a sabbatical from his job and decided to spend several months visiting family & reevaluating his future. I'm so proud of him: he felt himself becoming unhappy and decided to save for over a year in order to take this time. Not everyone can do that, and I'm truly proud of him. Of course, not everyone has been as supportive as I, a fellow free-spirit, so I thought I'd make him a card to make him smile!

The background paper is the February 2012 Freebie from Get Funky!, which I printed onto white linen paper. Believe it or not, the Briefs image is printed onto fabric...fabric from a pair of underpants! Because I can't throw anything away, I had a pair of white undies (my version of briefs, ha!) that were falling apart that I could cut up for this project. Don't worry, they were clean! I adhered the fabric onto a piece of cardstock with my sticker machine (you run the paper through the machine & then flatten the fabric onto it; easy-peasy!), and then just ran it through the printer and fussy-cut it out. I set the sentiments in Rockwell, and cut/embossed them with Sizzix dies in my Big Shot. I added some color with a blue Copic, and edged it with my black Copic. 

Using my awl and a template I made with dotted lines, I pierced the background and the orange self-adhesive Felt Fusion (from Queen & Co.). I hand-sewed the stitching on the felt with black thread, but that's faux stitching on the background.


Thanks for hopping by! Your next stop is the crafty Dawn.

10 comments:

  1. Super cute and very crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love this card and your sentiment is so perfect.

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL this is great - love the "saying"!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So clever to use a real pair of undies. Love your card and I'm sure your friend will love it too. That strip of orange really pops.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAAAA HAAA! Love it and the sentiment rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. CG this is just tooooo funny! I love what you did!
    Great work!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too, too fun, CG! Love this card. Great new images this release. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card. Really made me smile with the sentiment and so appropriate for the recipient. Very creative using an old pair of pants.
    mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this and the sentiment is perfect for your friend's situation - I'm sure he appreciates your support!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That made me laugh...
    Monica xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.