Friday, March 16, 2012

Stray Cat Strut

Like many of you, I'm really enjoying playing with the Clean & Simple (CAS) style of cardmaking... I guess we all find our "simple"!

This design was sorta inspired by our neighbor's cat Max, who I caught walking our fence this morning. He's not a tabby, but we used to have a tabby who visited the yard from time-to-time and actually took to spending rainy afternoons on our front porch. I haven't thought of that cat in several years... our house is pretty much staked out by our neighbor's cats now. We can't have cats due to allergies, so I love having neighbor cats!

The cat and the sentiment are from the Just Sayin' set from Rogue Redhead Designs' Essentials Range. I won this set through Rogue Redhead Rebel Challenge #8; thank you!!! I've seen such gorgeous projects using this set, and I'm totally impressed by the design and quality.  

I didn't do much to this; the images are stamped in Memento brown, the blue piece is embossed with a Sizzix folder, and the punched "fences" are slightly ink-distressed with Ranger Tea Dye distress ink.

Thanks for visiting!

Inspiration/Challenges:
CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #44: Pattern, Image, Sentiment
Gingersnap Creation Challenge #142: Spicy Supply Challenge - Border Punches

8 comments:

  1. very cute card. I like the various shades of CS punched with the same border. Thanks for playing along in this week's challenge at DRS Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi CG! I also love the CAS style of cardmaking and I ALSO love having neighbor cats because I can't have my own, lol! Beautiful card :)
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card I love the way you layered the "fences". That cat is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the embossed pattern! Great job with the challenge :) Happy you played with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's one of my favorite border puches ever! Great card and thanks for playing along at DRS Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The embossed background and design are FABULOUS!! Darling card! So glad that you play along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As Gingersnap Founding Femme, I say: Fabulous use of that border punch! Love how you recreated backyard fences with it! Thanks for playing the Border Punch Challenge at Gingersnap Creations! Don't forget to come back and vote for your favorite entry when the challenge closes!

    As Chief Rogue at RRD, I say: You've just been caught Redhead-handed using your Rogue Redhead Designs stamps! Fantastic card! Your cat is perfect surveying his realm of fence tops!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a FUN card! Thank you for joining us in the DRS DESIGNS Challenge! Have a WONDERFUL week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.