Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Dude Time Doodles 1st Wednesday Challenge

This week at Dude Time Doodles we're thinking green. Check out the gorgeous Design Seeds palette below. 

I used the green color combo to create a relaxing scene for Hammock Harold, one of the easy-going residents of Dude Time Hollow. Harold doesn't need trees or a porch; He's ready to go everywhere -- or nowhere -- with his free-standing hammock!

There are several Green challenges out there this week, as St. Patrick's Day is fast approaching, and I just love the possibilities of this color. Be sure to check out the glorious projects by my fellow Design Teamies, and I hope you'll join us this week. You could win 3 DTD/Bonibleaux Designs images of your very own!

Don't you just love those sweet sheep in the Inspiration Photo (granted, they're two seconds from rushing the photographer, but still, cute!)?

I heat-embossed the sentiment in sparkly green, using a
rubber stamp from a Popcorn the Bear set from Crafter's Companion (a Father's Day freebie that came with the magazine).
I raided my scrap box for this card: even the card base is a scrap! I had cut, folded & punched this green piece many months ago but didn't end up using it. Here's the inside:



Inspiration/Challenges:
Card Makin' Mamas Challenge #40: Green + colored image

13 comments:

  1. Super card CG! Love the single daisy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the layers and it looks as good on the inside as the outside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card, I like the papers and he looks so chilled out.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You just know that it finally warmed up enough for Harold to 'chill' out in his hammock, right, CG? I adore this card! Great choice on the flower, and the spotted/dotted papers, too. I'm off to figure out something suitable for a green St. Pat's. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Card and a great day to relax. Thanks for joining us at HIMCR! An’Jenic Design Team Member.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how sweet and funny love the reversed embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the card. Thank you for sharing and joining HIMCR challenge. Hugs, Velma DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great male card. A sweet little card.Thanks for joining in with the Secret Crafters Challenge this week,'Green for Go'
    Hugs Sonia xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great card. I love the fab image. Thanks for joining us at Secret Crafter's Saturday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very relaxed card!! Wish I had more time for lying around!! Great DTD image!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card! I love the image. Thank you for joining us at The Hybrid Chick Card Caravan.

    Happy Crafting!
    Jen (JLJ Designs)
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice, thanks for playing along with CMM!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic male card!!! Perfect for our Spring Clean Challenge at the Crafty Calender this month.

    Caroline x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.