Friday, March 30, 2012

Simply Grape

I think clean & simple (CAS) cards are perfect for capturing the beauty of Spring, so here's my attempt at a simple card featuring my favorite bulb flower, the grape hyacinth. I planted some when we first moved into our house 5 years ago, and they came up really beautifully this year!

The main design of this card was totally inspired by by the "Take Three" challenge at Less is More; see below for which past challenges I chose.

I was also inspired by the "Bling and Glitter/Sparkle" theme at Craft-room Challenge; the only thing on this card that doesn't sparkle is the green ribbon (from Crafty Ribbons)! The sentiment is heat-embossed in a glittery purple, and both papers are sparkly.

Less is More Sketch 1
Inspiration/Challenges:
Craft-room Challenge: Bling and Glitter/Sparkle
Less is More Week 60: Take 3 Challenges
     • Week 3 [Feb 19th] Theme Spring
     • Week 8 [Mar 26th] Sketch or Recipe Tall Card Sketch 1
     • Week 49 [Jan 7th] Colour Predominately Purple

Anne-Marie L, if you're reading this, you can see how quickly I've turned back to purple! Wait till you see my project on Sunday!

Thanks for visiting!

7 comments:

  1. Wow....purple overload! Got to admit that it is totally gorgeous, and certainly full of sparkle and bling....and, okay, yep, I love it!
    Now go do one in pink....haaa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super tag
    We do rpefer blank card base, space
    but this is super never theless
    Great bling!
    Thank you very much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a grape hyacinth to me... is that what you meant?
    It's a super card with a great combo of challenges!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty spring card, the grape hyacinth looks fantastic very clever. Love the shape of the card as well. Thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge Good Luck XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  5. CG this is simple, and pretty, I like the color and those blings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE THIS!!! So pretty and delicate.

    Monica xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. love those sequins, what a pretty card, thanks for joining us at craft room challenge, Debi x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.