Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Dandelion Faerie

For some time now, I've been admiring projects featuring Emerald Faeires digi stamps; so I decided to get one of my own! I started my collection with Isla:


One of the fun parts of ordering this stamp was that I got to email with Tracey in Australia; since Spring is starting here and Autumn there, we were both having gray, rainy days. Well Tracey, when I went out the next morning to photograph this card there were actual a few snowflakes falling! Hope you didn't, ha ha!

But soon enough I'll have all the Spring I can handle. There are some gigantic dandelions that take up residence in our yard, big enough to hold a faerie I bet!  

I colored Isla with Copics. I heat-embossed the tiny dandelion seed-parachutes in Clear Yellow and the dragonflies in baby blue on white linen DCWV cardstock; these stamps are from the Wildflowers Clear Art Stamps set by Crafty Secrets.

The green base is my favorite color of shiny green Core'dinations cardstock; I used a Sizzix texture folder and my Big Shot to emboss the whimsical circles.

I colorized the sentiment ticket from When the Scrap Hits the Fun green in PhotoShop, and added details with Copics after cutting it out. I finished off the card with some Venice Daisy lace ribbon by Wrights.


Addicted to Stamps #25
Inspiration/Embossing:
Emerald Faerie Garden Challenge #19: Embossing - Wet/Dry (with an EF digi)

3 comments:

  1. perfect for embossing our challenge at the Emerald Faerie Garden, thank you for joining us
    Hugs Kate xx
    ps I have candy on offer if you are interested :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally adorable!
    Thanks for joining in on the
    Emerald Faerie Garden challenge!
    Hugs Nela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card with wonderful details! :)

    Thank you for joining at Deep Ocean Challenge :)
    Hugs,
    Karita

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.