Saturday, October 23, 2010

Behind the Masks

The moment I saw the Halloween Mask free digi at Too Many Ideas I knew I had to make another magic picture card featuring my dogs. I have this cute photo of them as Superman and Batman (if you use your imagination), and I figured that if I used printable transparency paper the project would be a relative breeze. And it was! Relatively! So I spent extra time making frames in SCAL. Once I had put everything together, I felt like it needed something else, so I asked my husband for ideas to which he immediately replied, Crescent moons. And of course I have a moon detail from one of Therese's digis that I could easily use. I used DDCC #89 (Halloween and black, orange, purple & green) as inspiration, and Core'dinations cardstock for texture. It's difficult to see in these photos, but I colored some of the mask details with a Sakura glitter pen. The sentiment is Happy Halloween from a couple of characters! in Harrington, and you'll notice that the whole family signed it!


Dutch Dare Card Challenge #89: Halloween and black, orange, purple & green
Digi stamps: Halloween Mask and Mosaic Turtle by Therese Travis

Original inspiration for magic picture cards: Naked Mole Rat magic picture card by CPeep at Extreme Cards & Papercrafting
Magic Card tutorial:
SplitcoastStampers
Magic card template
for SCAL2 by cg-says

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful card! I dress my dog up too! Thank you so much for taking the time to enter in Dutch Dare Card Challenges. I hope to see your work again at the next challenge. xxx
    Hugz,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool card ....love the dogs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.