Friday, October 22, 2010

Russian Nesting Dogs

While making a card with my new favorite stamp, I learned that the manufacturer, Hero Arts, has its own crafting blog. So I decided to enter their current challenge, only partly as an excuse to use my Russian Doll stamps. Their challenges are month-long, and two-tiered for those of us who arrive late to the party. October's challenge Holiday Cardmaking and Photo Cards, and I was inspired by their tutorials.
For an extra challenge, I used the Scrapmaster's Paradise Color Combo Generator. I picked this combo because it was kinda Christmasy.

I also decided to make yet another magic picture card, because it's fun and and everybody loves magic. I hope it will inspire others to do the same! I'm offering a free SCAL2 cutting file for the card pieces at the bottom of this post. For the photo, I subjected my sweet dogs to a shoot with a nesting doll. The "mask" effect on Allen (the white one) was a pleasant surprise!


The entire family is pleased with the result!

Stamp: Hero Arts LP158 / Russian Dolls
Magic Picture card:
Original inspiration: Extreme Cards & Papercrafting
Tutorial: SplitcoastStampers
Free template for SCAL2 (copyright cg-says 2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.