Monday, October 25, 2010

Sweet and Simple

One of the owners of my mom's favorite local craft shoppe is English-American and she introduced us to Smirk scrapbooking elements, which haven't quite caught on in the States yet (but they're oh-so-cute!). The store recently cleaned out its storage closet and I ended up with some of the bounty, including Smirk glittered paper and a set of "sweet for you" plastic stamps. So I was very excited to see Fresh Brewed Challenge #20: Sweet Treats! I was so happy to be able to use all those cupcakes!
Supplies: Fiskars corner punch and deckle scissors, ZipDry glue, Tim Holtz scissors, JoAnns brads, clear stamps from g studio, Smirk Naughty But Nice paper, Marvy LePlumeII pens, Core'dinations cardstock

I had so much fun with that sweet card that I decided to use my leftover paper for clean&simple sketch #113. This time, I used some freebie frame stamps as well, which look really cute but were made from old, cheap plastic that was sticky everywhere. I can't believe how good they look, considering the stamps stuck to the paper! But it was especially fun to do two-layer stamping, which is just too difficult with rubber stamps.I also broke out my chalks to color the cupcake stamps as well as give a light green tint to the backing paper.
Supplies: Fiskars corner punch, ZipDry glue, Tim Holtz scissors, clear stamps from g studio, stash frame stamps, stash eyelets, chalks by Pebbles Inc., Smirk Naughty But Nice paper, Marvy LePlumeII pens, Recollections cardstock

2 comments:

  1. MMMMMMMMMMMM YUMMY CARDS!! Love all the sprakle! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Brewed!
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh nice cards!!! Love the colors so bright and cheerful. Great job

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.