Thursday, October 28, 2010

Simply Joyous

This week's colors and DT examples at the Color Throwdown Challenge blog are especially gorgeous. Happily, I had some scraps handy that matched this week's combo: mauve, vanilla, light green. I wanted try out another stash stamp, a pretty sentiment, and this was a perfect excuse. I've been doing a lot of sketch challenges recently, ranging for multi-layered to extremely simple, and I think I'm slowly getting a feeling good card design. I'm also really enjoying adding hand-stitching to the cards. In this case, I used variegated deep red embroidery thread, and the slight change in hue makes it extra interesting. This is really quite stunning in person, and I feel a bit more confident about making true "clean & simple" cards.
Inspiration: Color Throwdown Challenge #116: riding hood red, vanilla, certainly celery
Supplies: Michaels variegated craft cord, red Staz-On ink, DCWV Christmas stack paper, Via Natural #80 smooth cover & Recollections cardstock, Tim Holtz scissors,
ZipDry glue, Fiskars papercutter, Martha Stewart punch, silicon stamps from my Christmas stash, rubber stamps from Metropolitan Museum of Art Hearts & Flowers collection

2 comments:

  1. Sweet card. I really like that hand stitching! Thanks for joining us in this week's Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card! The hand-stitching is really nice! Thanks for playing in the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.