Blog Candy Alert: I'm celebrating my 8th year of blogging!
Join my celebrations here.

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Simply Joyous

This week's colors and DT examples at the Color Throwdown Challenge blog are especially gorgeous. Happily, I had some scraps handy that matched this week's combo: mauve, vanilla, light green. I wanted try out another stash stamp, a pretty sentiment, and this was a perfect excuse. I've been doing a lot of sketch challenges recently, ranging for multi-layered to extremely simple, and I think I'm slowly getting a feeling good card design. I'm also really enjoying adding hand-stitching to the cards. In this case, I used variegated deep red embroidery thread, and the slight change in hue makes it extra interesting. This is really quite stunning in person, and I feel a bit more confident about making true "clean & simple" cards.
Inspiration: Color Throwdown Challenge #116: riding hood red, vanilla, certainly celery
Supplies: Michaels variegated craft cord, red Staz-On ink, DCWV Christmas stack paper, Via Natural #80 smooth cover & Recollections cardstock, Tim Holtz scissors,
ZipDry glue, Fiskars papercutter, Martha Stewart punch, silicon stamps from my Christmas stash, rubber stamps from Metropolitan Museum of Art Hearts & Flowers collection

2 comments:

Broni said...

Sweet card. I really like that hand stitching! Thanks for joining us in this week's Color Throwdown!

Carla (cmsuto) said...

Very pretty card! The hand-stitching is really nice! Thanks for playing in the Color Throwdown!