Monday, October 25, 2010

Color me honored!

So I was halfway through this week's color challenge at Scrapmaster's Paradise when I realized that I hadn't checked who had won last week's. Imagine my surprise when I saw my card from last week! I haven't been this honored and surprised since I was tiaraed as prom princess, and this time I didn't have 50 of my closest friends watching me pull up my stockings. I especially love that this particular card won: its my favorite kind of mix of simplicity and detail, machine and hand work. Thank you so much, Samantha and all at SP! Can't wait to get my hands on those amazing stamps!

Scrapmaster's Paradise is having a week full of surprises, contests, etc., so be sure to check them out! And, of course, they're having their weekly color challenge.


I wanted to make some backing paper using a stamp and markers, but the silicon stamps I have weren't giving me a deep enough color (they work better with ink pads). The only small rubber stamp I have is a holly leaf in a frame, so decided to go for a Thanksgivingish theme using SPCC #71: pumpkin, cherry and brownish gray. I spent a nice afternoon on the couch, flanked by dogs, stamping leaves. Using the markers to color the stamp made it easy to ex- or include elements. For the call-outs I stamped the whole thing in black and then colored it with the same markers as I used for the paper.
Inspiration: SPCC #71 (pumpkin pie, cherry cobbler and crumb cake) Supplies: StazOn ink, Fiskars corner punch, ZipDry glue, Tim Holtz scissors, Marvy LePlumeII pens, Recollections and Core-dinations cardstock, rubber wood-block stamp by Great Impressions

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on winning!!! Good for you i just love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining us again, your cards always look fantastic!
    Gena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, I just love the stamped images. Thanks for joining us at SPCC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cards! Thanks for playing with us at SPCC!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.