Sunday, October 31, 2010

Cute as a...

There's been a few "buttons" challenges around the interwebs lately, but I've either missed the deadline or wasn't quite moved. I was, however, moved by the potential of this week's Critter Sketch challenge, because it also included the challenge of using at least three buttons. Plus, I got to use one of the button brads I just had to have months ago and have never used!
For the background fabric I used an old sock of mine that is beyond darning hope. It must be 10 years old by now... I hand-stitched the border and the three buttons. It was so much fun!
Inspiration: Critter Sketch #37 + Buttons
Digi stamp: Sleepy Angel by Therese Travis, PaperFacesDesign

Supplies: Michaels variegated craft cord & needle, HP printer & ink, Adobe InDesign, sock from JCPenny's, Staples cardstock, ZipDry & Tacky glues, Fiskars papercutter & deckle scissors, brad from Oriental Trading Co., stash buttons, Sakura Gelly Roll pens, chalk by Pebbles Inc., Copic markers & blender

1 comment:

  1. Very cute, I had to really look when I read you used an old sock for the background. How creative.Thanks for playing along with us at the Critter Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.