Friday, October 29, 2010

A book, womanly

For the mini-book challenge on Paper Craft Planet I decided to make another piano-hinge book, so I asked my Facebook Friends for quotes on Women (because I wanted to use a particular stamp), either something they liked or something they came up with. This is so much more fun than googling for quotes! I posted my call at 9am and by 1pm I had a nice mix:

It’s tough being a woman. -my cousin, WI

It gets better as you get older – just keep smiling & doing whatever turns you on. -my aunt, WI

“It is fatal to be a man or woman pure and simple: one must be a woman manly, or a man womanly.” Virginia Woolf -submitted by a college/poet friend, MD

I love women: my wife’s one, & she’s awesome. -High School/theatre friend, CA

“I’m selfish, impatient & a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control & at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.” Marilyn Monroe -submitted by a random acquaintance I've gotten to know well over Facebook, Norway
I decided to print the pages on vellum, so that they would sorta bleed into eachother. The effect is really lovely, and the book is a precious handful at 2.75x3 inches. I dyed the wooden skewers I used to bind the book with food coloring; letting them soak for 2 hours produced a deep color. I colored the stamped images on the back side of the paper, which covered up mistakes and really made the black outlines pop. I had the whole thing designed, printed and bound by midnight, and even managed to make 3 cards in the meantime. Thanks everyone, this was so much fun!
Inspiration:
mini-book challenge on Paper Craft Planet (3d85)
Supplies: vintage wallpaper, Recollections vellum, Cricut personal cutter, SCAL software, HP printer & ink, Adobe InDesign, Tim Holtz scissors, ZipDry glue,
rubber stamp from Stampin' Up!, Marvy paint pens, Copic marker E33, wooden skewers, McCormick food color + vinegar & water

This book is available on Etsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.