Sunday, November 7, 2010

The forest in the tree

The sudden transition of our backyard view from leafy canopy to bare sky has hit me especially hard this year, and it all happened so quickly I hardly had time to enjoy the colors (and by enjoy I mean craft about). But I've enjoyed most beautiful show of Orion's proud stance the past few nights, so I've decided to embrace the fall-ish colors and keep the spring-y flowers for their season.
For this week's super Tuesday Trio sketch challenge, I went with a rough color palette of yellow, green, orange and red. I cut stamp into three overlapping sections and then stamped it on vellum and cut out some small details of winged things, the extra challenge for this week. My favorite part is the "stump" border.


Inspiration: Tuesday Trio Sketch Challenge #41
Stamps:
EKsuccess rubber-and-wood stamp; stash silicon sentiment stamp
Supplies: Recollections cardstock & vellum, Core'dinations cardstock, Pebbles Inc. chalks, Marvy & American Craft paint pens, Tim Holtz scissors, Fiskars papercutter, Cricut personal cutter, SCAL2 software, Cricut markers

1 comment:

  1. What a great card! I love what you did with the stamp!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.