Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Vintage Magic Thank-yous

I'm totally crushin' on the vintage images over at Create with Tlc, but I try to limit my use of free images. Then I realized that I have a small stash of vintage-y images that I purchased from ClipArt.com last year. I was going to use them for Marion Winik's website, as they match the images in a recent book, but then just ended up keeping them for some future project. And here's that project! One of these cards is going to Marion, especially since I think that technically she might have purchased the images for the project, and the other is going to the wonderful women at Passager. I'm going to be including invoices, but hopefully these cards are cute enough to soften the blow!
Concept aside, I love participating in color challenges because they really get me thinking about patterns, textures and interesting color combos. I went to the fantastic resource of Scrapmaster's Paradise for the color choices for these cards. For the first one I used their color combo #73, but for the second I used their groovy color combo generator. I love that the generator gives you the option of choosing one color you know you want to work with; in this case, I chose green because I wanted to use my new Pine stamp pad. I definitely will be revisiting both of these combos.


Inspiration: Scrapmaster's Paradise Color Combo Challenge #73 & SP Color Combo Generator
Font: Speedball No. 3 by Nick Curtis
Image: Clipart.com
Rubber Stamp:
Tiled Quad Cube by Stampendous!
Supplies: Recollections cardstock, ZipDry glue, Cricut personal cutter, SCAL2 software, HP printer & ink, Adobe InDesign & Photoshop, Offray ribbon, stash eyelet, Fiskars papercutter and decorative scissors, CraftSmart ink

Original inspiration for magic picture cards: Naked Mole Rat magic picture card by CPeep at Extreme Cards & Papercrafting
Magic Card tutorial:
SplitcoastStampers
Magic card template
for SCAL2 by cg-says

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.