Monday, November 15, 2010

Homey

I was kinda excited try this week's Michaels' Craft Some Holiday Magic challenge, but one of the mystery items is Chargers. Come on, chargers? As in decorative plates you put under your normal plates? Hmm, sounds like a giant chainstore is trying to empty out its backrooms. Too fancy for me.

So I was very happy to see the fun challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers:
card & matching gift. Oh boy, you should check out their DT projects. Incredible! But I just had to try my hand at the challenge.

I used a house box template I found months ago at Amy's SVGs and made a matching card by tracing it in SCAL. And of course I had to make windows and a doorway for the card. The "sentiment" is a stamp I've been saving for the holidays. I cut the lightbulbs on the box from the cardstock I used for the box and the card, and attached a bow to the top to make it easy to open.

I've been looking for a cute way to give friends and neighbors some marshmallows, and I think I found it!


Gift Box template: Amitup
Inspiration: Crafty Cardmaker's Challenge #34:
card & matching gift
Supplies: DCWV and Core'dinations cardstock, Offray ribbon, Michaels variegated craft cord & needle, ZipDry glue, Cricut personal cutter, SCAL2 software, stamp from gStudio

3 comments:

  1. This is really clever, and it's made me fancy some marshmallows.

    Love your colour choice your house card is a real statement piece.

    I am sure my teamies will be flattered at your lovely compliment to their work too.

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.

    Lin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous, great card and the box is really different, love it!
    Thanks so much for joining in with the Crafty Cardmakers challenge.
    Jennni x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun project! That card couldn't help but make you smile!
    Thank you so much for sharing with nus over at Crafty CardMakers this week!
    Huga
    Eiglas
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.