Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Full of St Nicholas

I've been really intrigued by the current "Twas the Night before Christmas" challenge over at Allsorts, but my ideas were all over the place so I put it on the back burner. I pulled the pot out front the moment I saw the precious (and free!) Vintage Upon the Roof Top digi by Tlc Creations. I went back to the original poem and rediscovered a favorite stanza:
    As dry leaves that before the wild hurricane fly
    When they meet with an obstacle, mount to the sky,
    So up to the house-top the coursers they flew,
    With the sleigh full of Toys and St Nicholas too.
I've always loved the image of the "sleigh full of St. Nicholas."

For the card design itself I looked to the zig-zag fold, which I unnecessarily cut on my Cricut. At first I wasn't sure how I'd color such a detailed image, so I decided to use chalks to give it a "vintage" feeling, whatever that means. I've been pretty confident about working with snow on images ever since I found Polar White FlowerSoft. Oooh it's so pretty. For that "something extra" I pulled out my snowflake punch and made good use of some silver and gold scrap paper.

Inspiration: Allsorts Challenge #77,
Twas the Night before Christmas
Zig-zag fold adapted from OWH Tutorial
Digi Stamp:
Vintage Upon the Roof Top by Tlc Creations
Supplies: Recollections and K&Company cardstocks, ZipDry & Tacky glues, Cricut personal cutter, SCAL2 software, HP printer & ink, Adobe InDesign, Pebbles Inc. chalks, Martha Stewart & Fiskars punches, FlowerSoft

[Thanks to all the inspiration, this card made the Allsorts Challenge Top 5.]

3 comments:

  1. A beautiful take on our theme, your link is the same as the one I posted.
    Thanks for joining my challenge at ALLSORTS this week, Good Luck
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super take on our theme, a really lovely card.

    Thank you for joining in at Allsorts Challenge this week and good luck.

    B
    More Stampalot candy here

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is just amazing! Thank you so much for entering the Allsorts challenge with this project and good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.