Tuesday, November 16, 2010

One stamp, 2 cards, 3 techniques

I had so much fun making, and received such a lovely response to, my black diamond card that I decided to make a few more. I concentrated on colors, as chosen by this week's Scrapmaster's Paradise and ColourQ challenges.

My mom just sent me a bunch of wooden stamps that she picked up at a crafters' yard sale. Three are large medallions of the sort I've been coveting but couldn't quite afford yet. After these two cards, I think Mom got her dollar's worth!

I have so much respect for people who do a lot of hand-cutting for their crafts, but I try not to do it too much because it makes my hand cramp something terrible, plus I would never have time to do anything else! That being said, I couldn't resist layering the medallion for this card. I embossed pink on red and burgundy, and red on pink.

Inspiration: SP Color Combo #74: bravo burgundy, real red, regal rose
Rubber stamp: Holly Berry House
Decorative paper:
Pink Spattered by Paper Pizazz
Supplies: Recollections cardstock, ZipDry glue, Fiskars papercutter, Tim Holtz scissors, ColorBox pigment ink, heat embossing tool, Martha Stewart embossing powder, Elmer's & Sakura gel pens
I just had to try another clay medallion. There was still white ink on my stamp, so it embossed and colored the clay, which added a nice effect. I hand-colored it after baking. For the mustard-colored elements, I stamped the medallion with white ink and embossed it with clear powder.

Inspiration: colourQ challenge #59: pumpkin pie, more mustard, old olive, rich razzleberry + white
Rubber stamp: Holly Berry House
Supplies: ColorBox pigment ink, Sculpey polymer clay, Recollections & Core'dinations cardstocks, ZipDry glue, Fiskars papercutter, Tim Holtz scissors, heat embossing tool, MeltArt clear embossing powder, Elmer's & Sakura gel pens, Sharpie white paint pen



3 comments:

  1. Lovely clay pieces. You are right you got some nice stamps. Thanks for playing the ColourQ challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow lovely card. I love the way you used the colors. Thanks for joining us a SPCC with you very creative card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, these are neat! Love the colours!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.