Sunday, November 14, 2010

Ornamental

While on our weekly Saturday-morning trip to Michaels I picked up a flyer for a month-long contest they're having via FaceBook: Craft Some Holiday Magic. So naturally I spent the rest of the day using my new dollar stamps to make this little magic picture card. At 3x4 inches, it would actually make a cute ornament itself. And it holds well enough that the card doesn't slide out.

Check out the Michaels challenge...even if you don't enter, the projects are amazing!

This week's challenge is ornament, ribbon, beads, so I broke out my old stash of plastic beads and tried my hand at some beadwork. I hand-colored the stamps for the stationary elements of the card and used a bright blue ink for the "floating" trees. I'm proud to say that all of these materials were purchased at my (or my mom's) local Michaels.



Inspiration: Michaels' Craft Some Holiday Magic Challenge, Week 1: Ornament, ribbon, beads
Supplies: Recollections cardstock, Grafix clear acrylic, ZipDry glue, Cricut personal cutter, SCAL2 software, Celebrate It ribbon, stash eyelet and beads, Pergamano reverse-action tweezers, StazOn ink, Tim Holtz scissors, decorative brad by Around the Block,
rubber stamps by Craftsmart, Sakura Gelly Roll pen

Original inspiration for magic picture cards:
Naked Mole Rat magic picture card by CPeep at Extreme Cards & Papercrafting
Magic Card tutorial:
SplitcoastStampers
Magic card template
for SCAL2 by cg-says

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.