Monday, November 1, 2010

A mix of the old and the new

During my brief stint as a Publications Design grad school student, I collected a lot of paper samples, most of which I've never been able to use because they're too expensive for the small companies I work with. They come in handy when I'm making paper and color decisions for print, but I've been itching to craft with some of it. This week's challenge on Crafty Cardmakers is stitching, and the blogmistress commented that this would be a great opportunity to "finally master that dusty old sewing machine." So I thought, Whatever you say stranger!, and lugged my bottom up to the attic and did just that. Well, there was no mastering going on, but I like the result. It was really easy!

The card itself is a Pantone-on-offset-paper example so all I did was steal their awesome image! I did design the sentiment, which made me feel warm and fuzzy. The thread used can also be seen on our blinds downstairs!


Inspiration: Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #33: Stitching
Stamping technique: the
print/stamp method
Card/image:
Synergy by Fraser Papers
Text paper:
options by Mohawk, Warm White Smooth 65# cover

2 comments:

  1. What a fun card and I'm so loving your sense of humour. I am sure our 'mistress' will be delighted with your efforts.

    Thank you so much for joining in at Crafty Cardmakers this fortnight.

    Lin - Lil Miss Chatterbox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, the photo is such fun and the stitching finishes it off perfectly. Thanks so much for playing with the Crafty Cardmakers this week.
    Jenni x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.