Sunday, November 7, 2010

Percy-licious

I ordered some custom digi stamps from the talented and ever-generous Therese Travis, and I couldn't wait to play with the digi she did of our iguana Percy! He's about 10 now and is part of our little family. Mom keeps a photo of her "grandiguana" in her wallet. Sadly, we haven't had much luck finding good crafting materials with iguanas. Geckos, maybe, but not so much the soft-hearted, spiky-backed ancestors of our sweet Percy.

Therese did an incredible job. As soon as I saw the perfect tail I knew I had to make the tail stripes change color. It's just a simple spin card, but it's one of my favorite tricks and I know I'll get a lot of use out of this design.

It's also my first card for a Craft your Passion challenge.


Inspiration: Craft Your Passion Challenge #30: Anything Goes
Stamps: Flower Circle Border rubber stamp by Hero Arts;
Iguana digi stamp by paperfacesdesign

Supplies: Tsukineko walnut ink antiquing solution (Eucalyptus), Recollections cardstock, vellum and brads, DCWV cardstock, K&Company pre-cut card, Marvy & American Craft paint pens, Sakura & Elmer's gel pens, Tim Holtz scissors, Fiskars papercutter, Cricut personal cutter, SCAL2 software, Cricut markers

2 comments:

  1. How fun he has his own personal stamp! My son had a bearded dragon for quite some time.Took me getting use to him.Fun card!
    Thank you for joining us this week at
    Craft Your Passion
    Challenges

    Hope you join us each week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how did I miss this? He looks great--I love how you did his tail!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.