Monday, November 8, 2010

Remover of obstacles

Ever since I saw Papercraft Vixxen's super instructions I've been itching to make a triangle fold card. Like a trifold card, it's relatively simple to cut and fold but packs a real visual punch. I always like to try something new for the Color Throwdown challenge, letting the concept and colors speak for themselves. For this week's challenge I used a new rubber stamp we found in the Michael's sale bin.
This was such a great color combo to work with (kraft, tangerine tango, riding hood red, marine mist), and I'm officially in love with this stamp. Originally I was going to keep it simple, but then I showed the first sample paper to my Baby and he said,
Wow, do we know what it looks like embossed yet? and so I made an embossed cutout for the front. For the message section I made a frame with the lace stamp by hand-coloring the elements I wanted with a blue stamp pen. I felt like the card needed something extra for the middle, so I decided to turn it into a Diwali card (three days late!). I found a nice image of Ganesha from a printable coloring-book site and printed it in blue on kraft paper. I'd like to color the image sometime, but for this card I wanted to keep it simple so I just added a few "gems" with a shiny gel pen.
I always like to work with Ganesha images. As Wikipedia says,
He is popularly worshiped as a remover of obstacles, though traditionally he also places obstacles in the path of those who need to be checked. Never a bad thing to hope for!
Inspiration: Color Throwdown #117
Triangle fold card template: Stamp My Art
Stamp:
Fassi Jewel by Stampendous!
Diwali image: BillyBear4Kids
Supplies: Recollections and DCWV cardstocks, ZipDry glue, Tim Holtz scissors, Cricut personal cutter, SCAL2 software, HP printer & ink, Adobe InDesign, Sakura Gelly Roll pens, Marvy LePlumeII & American Craft paint pens, StazOn ink, Martha Stewart embossing powder, heat embossing tool

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.