Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Above the Weather

I have many new goodies from my trip at the holidays, including lots of ribbons, some glassine paper, and a pretty set of cardinal stamps. I was able to use them all for this relatively simple card inspired by the following challenges:
The Shabby Tea Room Challenge #95: Time Flies + Photo Inspiration + Something with Wings

Thanks everyone! Have a great day. And don't forget the Anything Goes challenge at Pile It On, and well as the new challenge at Dude Time Doodles (to be posted at 8AM).

I made the flowers by cutting pieces out of glassine paper on my Cricut from the Walk in the Garden set. I scrunched up the paper, stacked the pieces & secured them with a brad & glue. Then I sprayed them with Tattered Angels glimmer mists: Sunshine Yellow and Jack O'Lantern. I stamped a Stampin' UP sentiment on the inside:

3 comments:

  1. great card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card love the flowers and the bird is just fabulous XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, such great elements! Thanks for joining us The Shabby Tearoom this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.