Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I lived to 100 and all I got was this card

My mom started a cardmaking group at her church some time ago, and it's quite the active group now! One of the members likes my cards (Mom of course brings my cards by to show off! Love ya Mom!) so she's commissioned a couple. This time she wants a birthday card for a friend who's turning 100! That's all the information I had, so I tried to make something classic that would appeal to just about anybody:

Stampin' Royalty
I had too many ideas floating around in my head, so I was glad to have some focused inspiration via challenges (hello Feline Playful!) As soon as I saw the Stampin' Royalty Challenge Picture (right), I felt the whole project come together. I think my folks own those blue water glasses! I also used this week's sketch at The Paper Players (see below).

The focus of this card is a rubber stamp by Magenta Style, which I found in a box of stamps Mom acquired. The stamp came back to Maryland with me from Arizona, and now the card I made with it is on its way from Maryland to Arizona! I stamped it six times; all the colors are embossing powders, except for the 2 blues which are stamped in blue inks and then heat-embossed with clear embossing powder (well, the dark one is in clear & the lighter one is in Kaleidoscope). I pieced it in 3 layers, using 2 thicknesses of pop foam. I edged the foam in yellow, but wrapped the final square with white ribbon.

Challenges:
Paper Players #80: Anne Marie's Sketch Challenge (right)
Stampin' Royalty Challenge #108: Picture Inspiration (above right)
Mark's Finest Paper Challenge #92: At Least 4 Layers

Thanks everyone! May you live 100 good years!



10 comments:

  1. It is very elegant and will surely appeal to the your mom's friend

    Cheers
    Sonia
    cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely creations CG. you are so fast in making cards dear.. share the secret.... I am trying to make one from past week... still not completed. I love ur cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! 100 years is something to celebrate, indeed! What a beautiful card, full of cheerful colors and pretty patterns. The embossing is a wonderful touch, too. I'm sure she will love it! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sweetie! It's an age since I got time to do some serious blog snoopin'....haaa! You've been soooo busy, and I adore this beautiful creation....the colours are just lovely.
    I'm sure your card will be very welcome to the gracious lady who has reached 100.....our Queen sends a telegram to such people, here...lookin' forward to mine....haaaa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super card for a fantastic celebration! May your mother's friend have a wonderful birthday and an awesome celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card. Love that stamp!!! Thanks for joining Speedy Fox and Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very clever! Your mom's friend will love it! Thanks for playing with us at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful! I love the colors you chose and the old-fashioned quilted look is just perfect...thank you for playing with us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh! This is certain to be a hit with your mom's friend! So unique and clever...and I LOVE the colors you selected! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW what a cool card. This is a cool technique. Thanks for playing along with us here at Speedy Fox and Friends challenge, we hope to see you again next week. Make sure to check out our challenge with Friends of SpeedyTV for more fun with Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.