Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Happy Chinese New Year!

I wanted to make a card this evening, so I whipped together this Chinese New Year card with help from the following challenges:

Mo's Digital Pencil Challenge #117
: Clean & Simple w/Mo Manning Image
CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #35: Clean And Simple project with scallops
clean&simple Fall-to Layout #173

I used InDesign to combine Fan's Cricket by Mo Manning and the sentiment by Create with TLC, and printed it onto the smooth side of a banana/coffee bean paper Mom bought on a trip to Ecuador. The backing paper is actual Joss Paper that I bought years ago at a local Chinese market. After coloring the image with Copics & gel pens, I glued the pieces together and ran the whole thing through my Big Shot with a Spellbinders emboss/die. I cut the bottom off of the top piece to reveal the ruffle. It's simple, but very textural.

Have a lucky day!

3 comments:

  1. Adorable card! I love that image! G;ad you joined us in Mo's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous card!! I love this Mo image...and I love how you curved in the card edged! Your coloring is so pretty! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Mo's! Hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute and love the scallop border! Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.