Thursday, January 12, 2012

Valentine's Graffiti

I had so much fun making my funny Valentine with this week's Dude Time Doodles FREEBIE (join the challenge for your chance to be Guest Designer!), that I wanted to follow my heart and make another, ha ha.


I've been itching to use one of the neato wooden picket fences I got in a swap, so I decided to pair it with this cute Penny Back stamp. I stamped the image with black StazOn and then cut it out with a cut beautiful Spellbinder's die in my Big Shot (LOVE that machine!). I colored the frame & background with watercolor crayons, but I used watercolor pencils for the image itself. Using double-sided tape, I added some flair to the top with pink tulle. I adhered the image to the base with double pop-foam.

I painted the wooden fence with brown acrylic paint, sanded it a bit, and heat-embossed some hearts in red. Before embossing it, I sprayed the piece with matte coating, which has the added effect of repelling the stray embossing powder. I tied a small charm on it before gluing it down.

I was inspired by the following challenges:
Penny Black @ Allsorts January Challenge: Love & Hearts

6 comments:

  1. Ahh, so sweet and perfect with the fence! Great Valentine card too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just amazing, so adorable and soo sweet, I just love the color, and the image is just beyond the word, really love this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card with cute image love the fence die!

    Thanks for your kind comment on Penny Black and more Challenge blog and good luck for the draw, thanks;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet creation and that fence matches the PB image perfectly.

    Thank you so much for joining in at Penny Black and More this month, good luck and hope you will be back next month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! love the added tulle, very pretty.,
    Thank you for joining in our Sketch Saturday challenge.
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous creation! Thank you for joining us at Penny Black and More this month.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.