Tuesday, January 17, 2012

It's all in the numbers

It's the 100th Challenge over at Our Craft Lounge, so the theme is to include numbers on your project. I had the perfect papers from a KI Memories set that I've been itching to use, which went great with my favorite Tiddly Inks sets, Whaz Up or Down, which I always have to color like my dogs, Walt & Allen. I also always have to add Polar White FlowerSoft to "Allen" and black OCL Sparkly Fluff to "Walt"!

This is my first time coloring transparent balloons with my Copics, but thanks to a YouTube video I really like the result!

The sentiments are heat-embossed in light blue, and are from a set that I've had for years...it was one of the first stamp sets my mom gave me, way before I was even into cardmaking, so it definitely qualifies this for the Shopping Our Stash Challenge! This week's theme is "Borders", and although it's a little difficult to see (click image to enlarge) I spent a lot of time on the central border. The presents are a strip from one of the pieces from the KI Memories set; I added orange ribbon to the top & bottom of the strip, and hand-sewed a zig-zag border in bakers twine on the bottom.

Inspiration:
Sketch Saturday Week #190
Tiddly Inks Challenge #78: green, yellow, orange, blue (+ use Tiddly Inks image)
Shopping Our Stash Challenge 35: create a border detail

Here's Walt with the card:

I wanted to get both of my boys in the photo, and this is the best I could do:
Have a great day everyone!

14 comments:

  1. Super cute card and super cute puppies!! :)
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh - so adorable! I love the bakers twine you added for balloon strings! Those puppies are TOO cute!! Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks!
    Hugs
    M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning sweetie, I love this creation so gorgeous, thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks this time hugs pops x

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww cuties

    Thxs for joining us over at Robyn Fetish this week with your wonderful project

    Kym DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card and embellishments. Thanks for joining us at Robyn Fetish Challenge animals, good luck, cheers Sue N x

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! love that sentiment, and your card is wonderful.
    Thank you for joining in the fun at Sketch Saturday
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. omgosh ! too cute!! i love how you coloured the pups the same as yours!!!
    Thankyou for popping in on the tiddly inkers
    hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute card! Love the cute number paper and the pictures with the dogs are so adorable! Thanks for joining us at the Tiddly Inks challenge.

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card. Thanks for joining us at Robyn's Fetish this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww your doggies are too cute! bless, your card is gorgeous, thanks for joining us at tiddly inks. Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww super cute puppies and adorable card. Great job on the transparent balloons, never tried it myself yet. You did fab.

    Thanks for joining the Tiddly Inks Colour Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable card CG! The transparent balloons look fabulous and your 'boys' are so cute!

    Thanks for playing along with our colour challenge at Tiddly Inks!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute card starring your two cuties! thanks for joining us at SOS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww, super cute card! I simply love the sentiment! Thanks so much for joining us at Tiddly Inks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.