Thursday, January 19, 2012

Stampin' Up! Love

I'm so embarrassed; I made a card for this week's "Dies" challenge at Simply Stampin' and completely forgot to include a Stampin' Up! stamp. It's not like this requirement is hidden; I believe it's actually bolded and underlined directly above the Linky LOL! They were nice enough to leave my project in the pool for the random prize (using a Stampin' Up! stamp is a requirement for Top 3), but it's not like I don't have SU! stamps I want to use, so tried my hand at the challenge again.


I stamped this lovely balloon/sentiment from a 2002 SU! set in SU! Wild Wasabi & Memento Rich Cocoa inks. I embossed & cut out the piece with a Spellbinders die in my Big Shot (Love it!). I distressed the circle & the card base (a pre-embossed cardstock) with SU! Barely Banana ink. I stamped a balloon border with the same stamp and colored it (and the center balloon) with SU! watercolor crayons.

I finished off the card with a little ribbon furl. So glad I made this -- I'm very happy with it.
Inspiration:

13 comments:

  1. pretty. Love the colors too.

    Sudha
    sudha-kalra.blogspot.com
    http://sudha-kalra.blogspot.com/p/shop.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the theme and beautiful creation, thank you for joining us at the Emerald Faerie Garden
    Hugs Kate xx
    ps I have some candy if you are interested :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So simple, bright and cheerful.

    Monica xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Glad you decided to give our challenge another go! The ruffled ribbon effect down the side is genius!
    Thanks for joining us at Simply Stampin (again) this week.
    Kelly xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm also glad that you came back to Simply Stampin' with this card. It's fab, I love the row of balloons. Thank for joining us (again) at Simply Stampin' this week. A xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like what you did tith the sketch and you;ve used such pretty colors.
    Thanks for joining us at Cardabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the embossed lines on your card. Thanks for joining us at Party Time Tuesdays. See you again soon.
    Renee
    PTT DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful Card! Thanks for joining us at The Emerald Faerie Garden.
    Hugs
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute card :)
    I also love spelbinder dies and big shot combination :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. aww.. this is soooo cute! love the idea with the balloons!!!
    thanks for playing along with us at cardabilities :)
    hope to see you again next time
    Sylvia xx
    cardabilities DT member

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the little row of balloons! Thanks for joining us at Cardabilities.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous job with the Green and Gold colour combo.
    Thanx soo much for joining us in The Emerald Faerie Garden.
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous celebration card. Thanks for joining us at The Emerald Faerie Garden. Hugs...Mona

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.