Friday, January 20, 2012

One for the Moms

So have you entered the Dude Time Doodles BINGO Challenge yet? The Design Team examples are so awesome! I was particularly inspired by Anne's cute shaped card featuring Gladys Salt by Dude Time Doodles/Bonibleaux Designs, so I just had to use the image myself. Here's my card, with Walt in the background:
I was intrigued by the current Color Throwdown combo of Ivory, Kraft, Olive & Red, and thought it would look good with the "Stripes & Pearls" theme at Card und More.

I colored Gladys with watercolor pencils, and distressed all the pieces with Antique Linen distress ink. The flower was cut on my Cricut from glassine paper using the Walk in the Garden set. I scrunched up the paper, stacked the pieces, secured them with a brad & glue, and sprayed the flower with a green Tattered Angels glimmer mist. For a final touch, added an adhesive pearl in the center.

I generated the sentiment with Folkard™ font. It's a favorite quote of mine, attributed to Mark Twain: "My mother had a great deal of trouble with me, but I think she enjoyed it." The look on Gladys' face is exactly the look Mom gave me when I quoted that to her! Ha ha!

8 comments:

  1. Hello - great card. I just wanted to say a quick hello and welcome to the Stitchy team. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card cg! Gladys looks great and I love the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are on a roll... this card is so funny and attractive too. Love your colouring and that flower with ribbon looks awesome. The sentiment made me laugh.

    Thanks for your visits and kind comments.

    Monica xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ein tolles Motiv hast Du gewählt, danke fürs Mitmachen bei Cards und More.

    LG
    Ulla

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very funny! Love the stripes and all the pretty ribbon you used! Thanks for playing the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great image! *hihi*
    Thanks for joining us at CuM!
    Hugs Doris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Klasse!
    Danke fürs Mitmachen bei Cards und More.
    Viele Grüße
    Bastelfalter

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.