Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Green Hydrangeas

I wanted to do a little stamping, so I used the lovely Hydrangea Bouquet set from Raisin Boat.
The image is made of 4 stamps (3 from the set & a Hero Arts sentiment), but I did it 5 steps. The flower bunch and leaf is one piece, so I stamped & embossed in the leaf, cleaned the stamp, and embossed the bunch in a lighter green. The stems are in the same Stampendous Glitter Jade as the leaf, and the vase & sentiment are in a pretty Recollections red.
I was inspired by the sketch at CardPatterns and the red, cream and sage green color color at Colour Create. I sewed on the buttons onto a stack of lace, some leftover Christmas present ribbon, & a pattern ribbon.
I drew on the border with an Elmer's gel pen, and used a flower stamp from the Raisin Boat set to decorate the inside.
Inspiration:
Colour Create Challenge 87: Red, cream and sage green
Sweet Stampin': Spots & Dots
Happy Day everyone!

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful bright card. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.

    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for showing us your lovely card at Sweet Stampin this week. Debbiexx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute and love the image and those buttons.

    Monica xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wow! That image is amazing!!! LOVE the ribbon and lace and the buttons--fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card - super colours used - thankyou for sharing with us at sweetstampin - xxkozmikxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work with the multi-colored stamping! I love the way you've clustered the buttons and added the lac trim. Thanks for joining us this week at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card - love the spotty background especially! Thanks for playing along with us at CC this time around, Juliexx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.