Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Dude Time: King of the Neighborhood

I'm having so much fun as part of the Dude Time Doodles Design Team! I still kinda have to pinch myself! I wanted to make a simple card for the Sexton of the church across the street, who also tends our lawn & keeps me up-to-date on the neighborhood gossip, and the proud Leif Blower from DTD/Bonibleaux Designs seemed a perfect fit. I paired it with this fun sentiment from Create with TLC.

Inspiration:
  • Card Positioning Systems: Sketch #251
  • Samuel Taylor's January Blog Challenge: Distressing
    I distressed the all pieces with Antique Linen distress ink. Their prize this month is 4 bottles of Tim Holtz Distress Ink: Tea Dye, Weathered Wood, Pine Needles and Worn Lipstick. Oh how I'd love to add those to my collection!

You have until this afternoon to submit to the Dude Time Doodles Freebie challenge, and a new  challenge will be posted tomorrow (Wednesday) on the Dude Time Doodles Challenge Blog. Trust me, you won't want to miss this one!

2 comments:

  1. Fun card cg and the sentiment is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card made me grin... such a funny image and sentiment to match. Glad that you are having fun.

    Monica xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.