Sunday, January 30, 2011

Arrows & Eros

I received a card from a designer friend (well, she's a midwife now) the other day, and was really taken with the envelope design: Like a postcard mailer, it folds out to reveal a third part; but in this case it includes a pocket for a card. I can do that! I exclaimed, and proceed to make a template in SCAL. I can fit the envelope and the card on one piece of 12x12 paper, which I love! I haven't used this technique for a challenge yet, so I chose Speedy the Cat's Friends' Valentine challenge at Mark's Finest Papers.

The decorative paper pack I've been using like crazy this Valentine's season has a couple of pieces that are obviously made for a 12x12 scrapbook layout, so I chose one to try to make a card from. I can't believe I managed to line this up on my Cricut! Most of it was pure luck, let me tell you.

There was already a Vintage-y look to the paper, but I further aged it, the embellishments, and the ribbon with Antique Linen distress ink. The flowers are heat-embossed red on distressed, pearlized cardstock. Don't you just love that little Cupid with the Valentine‽​ It's from the Metropolitan Museum of Art Hearts & Flowers stamp set, and works so well with this paper. I used another for the message section in the card (which is the reverse side of the same cardstock).

Inspiration:
Speedy the Cat's Friends Challenge #40: Valentine Card

Supplies: K&Company Valentine's Designer double-sided paper pack, Core'dinations cardstock, Marvy punches & heat tool, Tim Holtz distress ink, StazOn ink, ZipDry glue, Martha Stewart embossing powder & detailing scissors, stash brad, paper towel, emery board, Sakura gel pen, Cricut Expression, SCAL, Target ribbon, flower stamp by gstudio, sentiment stamp by Hero Arts, rubber stamp (Flying Valentine detail from
An Alphabet of Old Friends, Walter Crane, 1874) from Metropolitan Museum of Art Hearts & Flowers collection


3 comments:

  1. Very lovely! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love the design!
    Thanks for playing with Speedy's Freinds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.