Sunday, January 23, 2011

Two more Valentines...

There's a woman in my mom's crafting group who's working on her PhD and she breaks up her study/doctorate-writing time by coloring digi stamps that Mom provides for cards. This woman never did "crafty stuff" before, but she's so enjoying it that she bought her own set of colored pencils. Her work is gorgeous. This is just another story of how creativity, in the form of cardmaking in particular, can enrich lives. I feel it everyday!

I especially appreciate crafting when I have
actual work to do, like the data entry I put off until today. It was very nice to be able to stand up occasionally and glue something! I managed to make two cards while procrastinating, and then actually achieving, my work. Both are for Card Cupids' challenges; I'm looking forward sending more cards to them and their sweeties.

Card Cupids Challenge #8: Multi-fold
Foldover layer card (tutorial at Extreme Cards & Papercrafting)

Card Cupids Challenge #9: Sketch


Digi stamp: Friends I Heart U by Therese Travis for paperfacesdesigns
Rubber stamps: Metropolitan Museum of Art Hearts & Flowers collection

Supplies: K&Company Valentine's Designer double-sided paper pack, Core'dinations, Recollections & Paper Co. cardstocks, Marvy punches & heat tool, Tim Holtz distress ink, StazOn & Memento inks, ZipDry glue, Martha Stewart embossing powder & detailing scissors, stash brad & heart gemstones, paper towel, emery board, Sakura gel pen, HP printer & ink, Offray ribbon, Fiskars papercutter & scalloped scissors

4 comments:

  1. gorgeous cards! that puppy peeking over the edge is just too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cards they are unique.Thanks for playing with us this week at Card Cupids.Good Luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute cards! The first one is so fun. Thanks for joining the Card Cupids Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are adorable! I especially love the multi-fold. Thanks so much for participating!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.