Thursday, January 13, 2011

K.I.S.S.

The projects at colourQ are always incredible, so I often feel pretty underwhelmed by my final projects in comparison, but this week's color combo is so fantastic that I just had to try it out. Love a challenge! I wanted the colors to speak for themselves, so I tried to keep to the rule of K.I.S.S.: Keep it simple, sister!

I've used this lovely Stampin' Up! stamp several times, but I can't find a link to it online. So if you know of one, please let me know! I think it's from a set. It's one of my all-time favorites to color with stamp markers...although obtaining a really good, solid stamp isn't as easy as it might seem. I think I stamped this 5 times before I got this still-imperfect image. Ah well! It was so much fun.

I wish I knew what the letters stamp said, but this seemed like a perfect place to use it. My much-loved deckle scissors added dimension; notice that you can see the white inside from the front. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out; it's certainly brightened up my day.


colourQ Combo #67: Melon Mambo, Kiwi Kiss, Tangerine Tango, Taken with Teal + white

Supplies: Marvy LePlumeII stamp markers, Recollections & Core'dinations cardstocks, Tim Holtz scissors, ZipDry glue, Fiskars papercutter & deckle scissors, rubber stamps from Stampin' Up! (2001)

1 comment:

  1. Great use of the colors! Thanks for playing with us at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.