Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Go Spin

So last night I'm showing my wiseacre husband the funky card I made yesterday and he says, "I saw it on your blog & was going to post a comment, What, it doesn't spin or anything?!" Ha ha ha.

Not being one to turn down a challenge, a made the same card again (sort of; this time I used this colourQ combo and flipped the sketch). This time, the flower pieces and the sentiment move, thanks to tiny brads.

I couldn't help but whip out my new white embossing powder for the card itself, and that went so well that I made cherry-on-poppy and white-on-white flowers for a little something extra.

click on image to see details
Inspiration:
colourQ Challenge #68: Cherry Cobbler, Poppy Parade, So Saffron, Always Artichoke + white
Mojo Monday Sketch #174

Supplies: silicon stamp by gstudios, Copic Ciao markers, Memento and Stampendous inks, Stampendous and Martha Stewart embossing powders, Recollections and The Paper Studio cardstocks, ZipDry glue, Cricut Expression, SCAL, 09 KutUps dingbat font, Offray ribbon, pop-dots, Fiskars papercutter and corner punch, mini brads by Gary M. Burlin & Co.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! you went all out. :)
    Gorgeous card. Thanks for playing along with ColourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool card! Thanks for playing with us at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woooooooooow. I am into bright and this is definately there, love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. So creative and fun, CG! Thanks for playing at colourQ again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card, Christina! So many fun things about this card. Thanks for playing the colourQ challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.